Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Harvest in Pictures Day 15

We are still at work on the canola, but there is light at the end of the long, dark, tunnel!  Last night my father-in-law figured he only had 4-5 hours left today and then we'd be done.  Having one combine instead of two, has really made for a long, drawn out harvest for the canola.

I've been busy with our two kids.  This morning it was booster shots for our daughter and when I got home with her, I had to run to our son's school and help serve their monthly hot lunch.  If anyone told me a year ago when I quit my career that I would be busier now than when I was working, I would of told them they were full of it!  There are some days I don't leave the yard, and it's still a challenge to get supper on the table.  I don't know how I did it when I worked!  To all you working parents out there, that still find time to volunteer and take your kids to activities, my hat is off to you!

Yesterday I put my husband in charge of photos, so here is some pictures from yesterday, from the farmers' perspective, enjoy!

Plugged air filter to the combine.  One of the reasons it had to go to the shop

The last canola field

The combine working on the last field

The trucks waiting for loads to take back to the bins

No comments:

Post a Comment