Monday, September 23, 2013

Harvest in Pictures Day 13

Yesterday we were still working on the canola...still...  It seems that the last field (or crop in this case) always takes the longest.  If the one combine wasn't broke down we would be done.  Hopefully tomorrow our main combine will be fixed, and then in the next day or two we can be done.  Hopefully!

Our son's birthday was yesterday; eight years old now!  I still remember the night I had him.  My husband was moving an auger and I told him that we should probably go to the hospital.  He asked me if I could wait until he got the auger moved!  Fortunately, his mom was out helping and made him leave!  We have a good laugh over it now.  We celebrated with family & even the combine stopped for his birthday!


Today has been a whirlwind.  My family was here from Montana, I had yoga, and our son woke up with a cold.  I've finally found some time to share pictures with you of yesterday.  I had to climb the bin the other day, and the view was spectacular, but I didn't have my camera.  So last night I climbed it again, and snapped a few pictures, enjoy!


View from the top of the bin

"Aerial" view of our yard

Unloading in the morning.  I love the lighting

Volunteer canola plant I found growing under the bins


No comments:

Post a Comment